“Page Break” is a really useful function for long WP articles. It allows you to create linked pages in your post. No more scrolling.
Try this. Bear in mind I am a “newbie” to WordPress. I have become immediate fan of Block editing.
Here goes (On desktop with Windows 10 using a mouse):
I suggest you copy, paste and print the list and have it next to you when you test run on your WP site. It’s actually very easy!
- Open your WP site.
- Left click Write.
- For Add title type TEST.
- Left click + (plus).
- Left click “Paragraph”.
- Type a paragraph of anything – about 3 lines long. Length does not matter but make it look like a paragraph.
- Press Enter.
- Another + (plus) comes up.
- Left click on the + (plus.)
- Left click on Page Break.
- The page break appears.
- Left click to get + (plus).
- Left click on Paragraph.
- Type another paragraph of junk – about 3 lines.Length does not matter but make it look like a paragraph.
- Left click Save Draft.
- Left click Preview.
- Be amazed! Up comes the first page. At the bottom left is “1 2”. This is the page linking. Left click on 2 and you jump to the second page. And there at the bottom left of page 2 is the link back to page 1.
- Obviously great for long articles.
- Thank you WordPress!